Group Financial Controller (Northern Region)
Our client is a FTSE 250 who have restructured their UK team, which created the role of Group Financial Controller, managing the Manchester based, FP&A, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting team.
My client is looking for a talented qualified accountant to step up and into a Group Financial Controllers position which will support the organisations 2016 / 2017 / 2018 growth strategy.
Experience of Construction and Infrastructure is not necessary - My clients desire is that the right ACA / ACCA / CIMA who matches their progressive attitude secures the role.
The role of Group Financial Controller is a position which is at the cutting edge of my client's growth strategy, and you will help in the growth of the team, and is tasked with adding real time value to the organisational structure.
Managing a team, you will be working closely with stakeholders across the business. Your duties will include:
- Responsible for the full accounting function
- Production of Monthly / Quarterly / Annual accounts for all regions under your reporting matrix
- Production of Monthly / Quarterly / Annual Budgets for all regions under your reporting matrix
- Continued development of financial reporting processes and month end process
- Working with the Operations Manager and Finance Director to support the continued growth and expansion of the group
- Central point of contact for the finance department
- Direct management of and responsibility for team of 2 with a team of 15 reporting up into your direct reports. - This structure has been created to allow you to mentor and develop your direct reporting talent, while they free up your time / scope to drive change.
- Strong influencer, able to actively listen, evaluate and influence a course of action that is right for the whole business
- Expert relationship builder who has the confidence, courage and conviction to confront reality, challenge others and right wrongs
- Proven track record in a strategic leadership role
Key engagement area's will include:
- Cost saving scenario analysis
- Internal operational review
- Financial Controls
- KPI reporting - Sales & Operations
This is a challenging role that is best suited to a talented qualified accountant who has the ability to communicate at a high level, build relationships, develop processes, and understand the necessity of Finance in an internal and external stake-holding facing position. The successful Financial Controller should have a "can do attitude" and get involved with the business. Applicants must have the drive and ambition to work for an organisation that are embarking on a career enhancing journey.
My client is a market leading Construction & Infrastructure organisations - experiencing unprecedented growth at the moment, and are looking to help drive this growth by increasing the level of "Commercial Talent" within the team.
Salary & Benefits
For the right qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) my client is looking to circa £75,000 to £80,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement