This role is focused on controlling and reporting of activities involved in Financial Accounting to Group and Divisional requirements, as well as managing an Assistant Accountant. This is a great opportunity for someone making a first move from practice.
My client are a global leader in the aerospace sector, employing nearly 60,000 people across the world.
The high performing Bristol finance team have a track record for hiring A1 calibre individuals at this level and facilitiating rapid career progression through regular and successive promotions!
- Management of the Assistant Accountant ensuring training / coaching needs are met
- Assist with the delivery of a range of month end close activities on time and to a high standard of accuracy
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed Asset accounting and reporting
- Review of weekly bank reconciliations (prepared by the Assistant Accountant) and interactions with group treasury
- Monthly Hyperion submission of actuals and forecasts
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts at month-end and agreement of balances with up to 10 sites
- Ensure a robust financial control environment is maintained and documented in the FRCA (Financial Reporting Controls Assessment). The FRCA to be reviewed at least annually to ensure still fit for purpose.
- Oversee SAP GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) process adherence across all functions in the business, ensuring monthly reporting of results and escalation / remedy of instances of non-compliance.
- Co-ordinate External Audits, Corporate Audits, Group Reporting Integrity Procedure reviews and Divisional Balance Sheet reviews
- Review of monthly VAT return completed by shared service team
- Accounting of hedging and FX reconciliations and preparation of monthly FX walk. Preparation of monthly FX return in Hyperion.
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant in monthly reporting and act as cover during his absence
- Develop the financial knowledge of non-financial managers within the business as appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting requirements as required to agreed deadlines
- General duties such as approving Purchase Order carts and assisting the business with Order / Invoice queries re Accounts Payable
- Contribute fully to Continuous Improvement for all Finance Activities
- Payments processing and approvals on internal Treasury (input by shared service team) and external bank portals
- Engage and develop strong relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Assist in management of the capital investment application process ensuring completeness and robustness of applications prior to approval process giving guidance and challenge to business areas as required.
- Capitalisation of assets, disposals, monthly depreciation runs and accruals and monitoring of spend for assets under construction
- Key provider of information into Programme Managers to assist in the monthly Cost to Complete /EAC reviews
- Assisting with systems development projects including sales invoicing, improving quality of data in the scrap process, improving the usefulness of financial statements in SAP, developing BW reports and implementing best practice
- Production of KPI data - GOLD scorecard, monthly scrap reporting & sales analysis
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as required by the Financial Controller
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS & Financial Reporting
- Good understanding of financial controls and processes
- Excellent standard of computer literacy, particularly in using Microsoft Excel
- Strong desire to learn and progress
- Experience of SAP and Hyperion
- Diligent and flexible individual, interested in taking part in a wide range of business issues
- Strong technical competence in financial accounting
- High level of personal integrity
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, with the flexibility to take on ad hoc analysis and reporting requirements when necessary
This role will pay a very competitive basic salary of £38-41,000, plus benefits.