Team Leader - Bioprocess Separations
Role: Team Leader – Bioprocess Separations
Location: North East
Salary: c. £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Package: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance and
Our client is a technology innovation partner which helps support the future development of the UK process manufacturing industry. They help large and small companies to develop and commercialise the next generation of manufactured products, processes and services.
Purpose of the role
- To build a high quality Bioprocess Separation team to deliver state-of-the-art technology development to all aspects of bioprocess chemistry (incl. fermentation feedstock processing, fermentation product recovery, purification and final product formulation).
- To provide thought leadership and line management to the future Bioprocess Separation Team within the client facing Fermentation Group.
- To build and provide effective leadership of the Bioprocess Chemistry Team within the Fermentation group.
- To provide high quality strategic and budgetary input into senior management to provide integrated support of the IBB business unit.
- To develop and maintain an effective communications framework which ensures that there is open dialogue across the IBB team and wider business units.
- To undertake horizon scanning to maintain current, up to date knowledge of state-of-the-art and industry best practice.
- To provide operational guidance to colleagues and contribute to own and team’s continuous professional development.
- To assist in the development and promotion of a strong customer focus culture within the Fermentation Group.
- To undertake due diligence and develop detailed understanding of client expectations and capabilities and act as Gatekeeper and technology assessor for all aspects of bioprocess chemistry-related initiatives.
- To work collaboratively with the other IBB functional teams to provide continuity of technical knowledge and co-ordinated progress throughout project lifecycle.
- To provide thought leadership to customers to help shape their business strategy built upon the companies capabilities.
- To manage and maintain on-going strategic relationships with clients to drive additional value for both the client and the business.
- To design and build a scale-down evaluation facility for the rapid development of scalable primary separation and product isolation processes for internal and external IBB clients
- To understand current state of the art in IB-relevant process chemistries.
- To ensure systems are in place to enable high quality technology transfer of processing chemistries into NIBF (The National Industrial Biotechnology Facility) pilot and demonstrator units or into external toll facilities as required.
- To build relationships with clients, partners and internal bioprocessing teams to ensure technical development and techno-economic support delivers client requirements.
- To capture and communicate chemical processing, engineering and operational innovation and capability knowledge to create strategic value for clients.
- A track record of high quality decision making, service delivery and leadership.
- A proven ability to influence and utilise networks to facilitate innovation through meaningful collaboration.
- Have the foresight to recognise how science can help society, and work in a way which respects safety and the environment to protect our team and our surroundings.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a biochemistry, chemistry, chemical/biochemical engineering or related discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
- Demonstrate a successful track record of building, leading, inspiring and motivating bioprocess teams within the food, bio-processing or fermentation industry.
- Have significant evidence-based experience of progressing chemical or bio-chemical processes successfully from concept to scaled demonstration.
- Direct experience of bio-chemical process engineering in an applied research or manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- An existing network of process technology and expertise providers is desirable.
- A track record of holding senior process positions preferably in CMO, Start-up or SMME environments.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and current remuneration details stating reference DC2486
Alternatively call us on 01423 704154 for a discussion in confidence.
Please note all suitable candidates will be notified within 21 days