Financial Analyst-adidas Golf
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Provide financial planning, accounting, reporting, and analytical support for adidas Golf Europe HQ Operating departments, covering cost of sales variances, MWB and operating overheads within the P&L. In addition, this position is responsible for the preparation, presentation and analysis of actual results, forecasts and budgets to Finance management.
- Thorough, accurate and timely completion of all internal reporting requirements
- Prepare required accounting entries, accruals, and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare management reporting, provide key analysis and explanation of monthly results, and participate in the presentation of this information to cost centre managers and Finance management
- Monitor and reduce spend on overheads through regular review of cost structures, supplier agreements and assisting in negotiations
- Proactively assist cost centre managers and their teams to control and monitor costs
- Preparation and collation of annual MWB and cost centre budgets.
- Analysis on efficiency of marketing projects (Cost benefit analysis)
- Liaising with adidas subsidiaries throughout Europe
- Headcount Management for all European Employees
- Proactive involvement in ad hoc projects - commercial & financial - supporting Cost Centre managers, Directors as required
- Control and analysis of cost of sales variances and interaction with business owners.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and Group Finance Manual (GFM) at all times
- Maintain a strong internal control environment by monitoring the effectiveness of the control environment, establishing proper internal controls over decision making, and adherence with local & group policies
- Complete annual assessment of the organisations internal controls through ICS (Internal Control System)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of the business.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent attention to detail with a proactive nature
- Strong Accounting knowledge; journal entry and balance sheet reconciliations
- Energetic, highly motivated individual with initiative and ability to question the ‘status quo’.
- Business Objects, SAP and Access experience advantageous
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Newly qualified CIMA/ACCA member
- 2-4 years of relevant experience within corporate finance