Are you an experienced Credit Controller looking to take on a new challenge? If so, we are now recruiting and looking for individuals just like you!
Credit Controller responsibilities:
As our Credit Controller, you will maximize cash collections and mitigate possible bad debt losses from up to 500 accounts split geographically. Working closely with the RBU and Sales functions to ensure all customer accounts are managed cross-functionally, overdue debt is kept to a minimum and bad debt write-off is prevented where possible. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring customers settle outstanding accounts to agreed terms to maximize cashflow.
- Aged debt analysis – Proactively analyse aged debt to identify areas of risk, payment performance trends and to report on cashflow forecasting.
- Manage customer queries closely with the RBU/SSE and Sales functions. Providing information required to achieve a quick resolution. Oversee end to end process. Record and track supporting data on Credit Platform.
- Carefully manage non-payment issues, communicating cross-functionally. Take ownership of collective actions required.
- Issue monthly statements to customers.
- Manage ‘Dunning process’ to ensure reminder letters through to final notice letters are issued in a timely manner.
- Communication with Area Sales Managers to detail account issues or legal action.
- Refer accounts to Collection agents for debt collection, legal action and handle all related correspondence and queries.
- Open new accounts, applying for all required references and ensuring the NAAF application is complete and customer account is created accurately.
- Regular review of credit limits for existing customers using online credit references and trading history, suggesting appropriate credit limit to be applied to the account.
- Send Direct Debit letters and address all related queries. Assist the Cash Apps Team with processing Direct Debit collections at the earliest date in line with agreed trading terms.
- Manage held order process ensuring daily communication to ASMs and RBU to confirm orders held/released.
- Provide regular detailed and informative credit management reporting to ECM and general business on a monthly basis – also provide updates to ECM as and when required to support ongoing initiatives.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and propose solutions/take responsibility for improvement implementation.
The ideal Credit Controller:
To be successful for this role, you will need to be educated to A level or equivalent and have proven experience within a similar role, dealing with direct marketing and online merchandising. You will also need:
- Experience of the entire Order to Cash Cycle
- Track record of success and prior experience of working in a Credit Control role
- ICM qualified desirable
- Knowledge of Oracle advantageous
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Problem solving and improvement planning
- Excellent negotiation and judgement
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Collaborative team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- High Competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Free Parking
- Private Medical cover
- Employee discount
- Childcare Vouchers
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29th September 2017