We're recruiting for a Marketing Executive to join a company with the ambition to revolutionise digital services in the home improvement and lifestyle space, achieved through the combination of digital technology and advances in web and mobile, when combined with things like Big Data technology, augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
For example, what if you could take a picture of a room, and have the app recognise each object, search the web for similar items, then return results to show where you can buy similar items… and compare prices of similar items to each other through all online retailers who stocked the product…
… Or check out how a certain wallpaper or paint colour will look in your living room via augmented reality, and remove the need for all those test pots and swatches…
The business is actually a digital garage, an offshoot of a much bigger parent, setup to specifically develop innovative digital platforms which enrich people's lives. They're in the midst of developing revolutionary new products and services, some of these are in beta at the moment, looking to go live early next year. So this could include things like exampled above, or be looking much broader than this - at the moment a lot of the products and services are under NDA as they're pre-launch. That said, we're reliably informed when things hit the market they're going to be truly impressive.
The crux of the role we're recruiting for here is as a Marketing Executive position within the core marketing function.
It's a very busy role with a lot of breadth, helping to manage a wide variety of marketing projects across channels - including things like:
- Helping to pull together promotional adverts and posters, briefing in creative and design teams, managing agencies, critiquing their output and holding them to account for delivery
- Developing toolkits for the business to follow, creating the headlines, messaging and copy within these - then provide that toolkit forward to the various teams who need to use them and ensure they're adopted correctly
- Pulling together colleague packs to be provided forward to front line retail staff, informing them of the new digital products being brought to market and getting them excited by what's coming down the line
- Carrying out competitor research and audience research to ensure marketing programmes are well targeted and helping to define suitable KPI's
- Become the central point of contact for enquiries about marketing support for digital services, managing multiple things at any time
The business has said they're keen to engage someone who really enjoys having a busy role with lots of variety - with you managing multiple projects at any one time, ensuring stakeholders involved are kept up to speed on what's happening, when and where; with projects meet deadlines to the appropriate standard.
The ideal person for this can come from either an integrated marketing agency environment, perhaps you've worked on multiple accounts or one big and demanding account as an Account Executive/Senior Account Executive and you're looking to move client side in order to own more of the deliverables. Or have a client side pedigree, and have worked in a marketing role that's required you to handle multiple projects and campaigns at any one time, and you've proven adept with the project management piece whilst also being able to add value with marketing knowledge around various aspects too.
So if you're interested in something like this, and the chance to join a business offering really exciting projects with plenty of scope for future development and growth as the business does too - why not apply today to find out more?
POSITION - Marketing Executive
SALARY - £25k - 28.5k plus bonus and benefits
LOCATION - Central London
- Experience established either agency or client side, in a busy role handling multiple projects at any one time.
- You're something of a marketing generalist and enjoy variety in your role, including pulling together campaigns, comms pieces and digital marketing
- Good organiser of both processes, projects and people - can set objectives and hold people to account to ensure delivery
- If you've worked with creative or marketing agencies before, briefing out work and managing response, this would be a real benefit
- Good creative outlook - especially when looking to critique others work based on the project's brief
- Great people skills - with influencing and getting people onside, buying in to briefs and meeting delivery expectations
For further information or to apply please contact:
Management Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com