Oryx, Magazine Editor
Oryx, Qatar Airways inflight magazine
Ink is the world’s leading travel media company producing award-winning inflight-media products for 26 airlines from print to digital as well as successfully selling advertising in print, digital and on boarding passes and many other platforms.
Ink is recruiting for an experienced magazine Editor to work on Oryx, the award-winning inflight magazine for Qatar Airways, the premium airline carrier.
Based out of Ink’s London office, the Editor will be fully responsible for creating a high-end, topical and aspirational monthly magazine in both English and Arabic.
The ideal candidate should have a killer instinct for strong, original stories with connections around the globe to cover the airline’s extensive route map in an inspiring way. Experience with the cultural sensitivities of the region essential or/and beneficial.
- Successful account managing and closely liaising with the client on their marketing objectives, including regular trips to the Middle East
- Creating an original story list and managing the production workflow efficiently
- Producing the magazine on time and within budget to the full satisfaction of the client with the aim of winning more industry awards for the publication
- Managing the deputy, translators and freelancers autonomously and ensuring there are no mistakes in the magazine
- Working closely with the art director to create a luxury magazine that stands out
- Minimum of 5 years editing a high-end consumer title, ideally with a focus on travel
- Reputation for being well-organised, creative and a perfectionist with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to think on your feet and react quickly to changing demands of the client, their expanding route network and the industry as a whole
- Experience in outstanding travel writing and commissioning to a tight brief
- Existing contacts with highly regarded international journalists and solid travel writers around the globe
- Understanding of smart, modern design and photography trends
Please apply with cover letter, CV, work samples and three relevant feature ideas to Ink’s Editorial Director Kerstin Zumstein, by completing the application form below. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
View current issues here: ink-live.com/emagazines/oryx