Compliance Monitoring Consultant
A highly regarded mutual financial services organisation that takes pride in their reputation and history and puts their members at the heart of everything they do as a business
The role has an impact on the business by influencing decisions through the delivery of recommendations and technical expertise in the following areas:
- Contribute to the delivery of the Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan by producing quality reviews within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Manage and prioritise own workload, and support other Compliance Consultants (CCs), taking into account the team’s SLAs and own Key Business Priorities (KBPs);
- Have the ability to perform more complex reviews;
- The provision of advice and guidance to the Society and its subsidiaries on actions required to achieve compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements and Codes of Practice as part of recommendations in Monitoring reports;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with key contacts in Society and Group;
- Reporting to management on levels of compliance assurance or issues arising through specific monitoring activity;
- Responsible for sharing your expertise in relation to Compliance within the team by providing support, guidance and training where appropriate;
- Work closely with the Compliance Monitoring Manager/ Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager to continually improve processes and systems for Compliance reviews, with an emphasis upon business service levels, productivity, efficiency optimisation, customer service focus and the long-term benefits for the Society and its subsidiaries;
- Responsible for personally keeping up to date in respect to all relevant sections of the FCA Handbook including the key aspects of BCOBS, COBS, ICOBS, MCOB including sales process, key elements of SYSC/FIT/APER, Training and Competence.
You will have relevant qualifications and experience across product and service areas, with technical knowledge across FCA handbook areas (for example MCOB, BCOBS, COBS & ICOBS). You will have as minimum the Diploma in Financial Planning and ideally CeMaP or the MAQ. You will have good experience of utilising your skills and experience to identify potential areas of poor customer outcomes and making appropriate recommendations to drive change and improve outcomes and have experience of working in a Compliance/QA or Audit role; ideally performing monitoring reviews.
Salary up to £40,000
Contact Mike Kelly, Senior Consultant