Hello Fashion Monthly, Picture Editor
Hello! Fashion Monthly, the glossy fashion monthly title from the publishers of Hello! is looking for a Picture Editor.
The Picture Editor will be responsible for all aspects of imagery for HFM including, photographic commissions, sourcing locations and studios, finding stylish, on-brand imagery for features and ensuring the smooth running of the picture desk.
- Commissioning high quality photographers and videographers for HFM.
- Helping with syndication enquiries from the HELLO! territories.
- Being responsible for shoot production of the cover, lifestyle and still life shoots.
- Picture research and delivery of all other pictures for the magazine.
- Creating a regular flow of pages and work closely with each department to produce a top quality consumer magazine with “glossy” value.
- To constantly improve the unique visual style of the magazine.
- Develop and nuture relationships with premium photographers and picture agencies.
- Work with HFM’s budget and manage the mark-up and monthly estimates.
- Compile picture credits for the production director.
- Stick to production deadlines to ensure smooth running of HFM.
- Keep up to date with the legal requirements of syndication and oversee photography contracts.
- To give input in brainstorms – ideas generation for photo shoots, layouts and ultimately be responsible for the high standard of visuals in HFM.
The Candidate Needs:
- At least several years experience on a picture desk of a monthly or style magazine
- A strong creative portrait and lifestyle shoot portfolio
- A self starter who can manage their own work flow
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with picture agencies, contributors, and rest of the team
- Proven experience in production
- Strong picture research skills and excellent creative eye
- Proven experience in liaising with picture agencies to establish the brief and research their libraries
- Strong negotiation skills
- A brimming worldwide photographic contacts book
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, fast-paced team, producing creative work that is core to the success of this exciting title, part of the globally renowned media brand Hello!
To apply, complete the application form below submitting your CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d like to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for the job.