Solicitor or Paralegal
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual looking to progress their career, to join our growing Commercial Property team. The role will be based in the Leeds office however may require occasional travel to any of our other locations or off site as client demands require.
This post involves work across the whole spectrum of commercial property but with a particular emphasis on supporting the firm's nationally top rated education and charity practices, as well as general commercial property and property finance work. The scope of the work is very broad and ranges from academy conversions to leases (landlord and tenant), general landlord and tenant matters, site acquisitions and disposals.
It is encouraged that employees take ownership and responsibility for work, at increasing levels of significance in order to progress their position over time within the team and the firm.
- Effectively manage an individual caseload (with supervision where appropriate).
- Attend to clients of the Firm in the office or elsewhere if needed.
- Work in a collegiate and collaborative way within an immediate team and wider firm environment.
- Communicate promptly and effectively both internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
- To carry out your work for both colleagues and clients to the highest possible standard, having regard to the firm's standards, procedures and core values.
- To regularly attend, and be involved in preparation for, team meetings.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to meet deadlines where necessary.
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. We need someone that is pro-active and able to manage potential pressure.
We are committed to recruiting talented individuals and providing our clients with outstanding legal service and so excellent academics along with sound previous experience are a must have.
The candidate should be well-organised, technologically proficient and capable of working on their own or within a team. They will also be required where necessary to provide supervision to more junior members of the team.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respects and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
The post-holder will report on a day-to-day basis to the Bath Commercial Property partners and overall to the Head of Commercial Property.
Working hours – 9.00am - 5.30pm.