Stone King is a highly regarded law firm with offices in Bath, London, Cambridge, Leeds and Birmingham. The firm prides itself on its core values and the importance of teamwork. We recruit and retain a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals, committed to delivering effective, client-focused legal services.
As the successful candidate, you would become a crucial part of this and the business – finding the work motivating and the culture dynamic.
The Credit Controller's role will be to ensure the firm maximises client turnover and minimises bad debts through effective interpretation and application of the firm's standard processes.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring that a robust collection service is followed within your nominated Client groups. You will be responsible for ensuring not only that your personal performance meets your clients' requirements, but that you are also actively aware of the firm's targets, working proactively to meet and exceed them.
Working as part of a busy and supportive team, your role will incorporate all aspects of the credit control function including collection of high value accounts, KPI performance, Ledger reviews, and compliance. You will be responsible for supporting your colleagues in relation to client queries and identifying any risks and escalating accordingly. You will understand the end to end process for each of your Clients, recommending improvements if necessary and ensuring that clients' accounts are updated accordingly.
You will collaborate with all Key Stakeholders including internal and external Clients to develop, communicate and execute credit strategies.
- Credit Control experience from a professional services background.
- Legal experience would be preferred, but is not necessary.
- Ideally, but not necessary, experience in managing early steps of the debt recovery process.
- Experience of working with / liaising with senior management
- Experience of working within an Accounts environment
- Self-motivating and able to manage own workload
- Faxing & photo-copying Telephone skills Interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to work under pressure showing commitment to your boss, your colleagues and the firm in general Maintaining a diary
Skills and knowledge
IT literate including Office 2010, with experience of finance packages such as 3E Attention to detail Experience of working in a professional services environment is desirable Ability to hit the ground running and communicate well with all levels Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise workload
Responsibilities are broadly but not limited to:
- Recording chase history and agreed payment timescales on the system
- Liaising with clients on the telephone, by email and face to face meetings as appropriate
- Attending to incoming correspondence in an appropriate and timely manner
- Logging and tracking daily correspondence received by Credit Control
- Maintenance of the credit control module within 3E.
- Regular reporting, communication on progress, directly with the Finance Director
- Issuing reminders Management of those matters with debt recovery
- Investigate reallocation of cash as necessary
- Carry out other general administrative tasks within the Accounts function
- Familiarising yourself with the Office Manual and in particular, financial procedures of the firm
- Help to identify process improvements
- Plus the usual ad hoc credit control duties as required