The post holder will be an integral part of the Firm's Employment law team which has grown significantly in recent years. This is an exciting opportunity for a keen HR Consultant to form part of a growing team of employment lawyers and HR consultants working in a Firm with an excellent national reputation.
Location: Based principally in the Firm's Bath office, the post holder will also be required to travel to the surrounding areas to visit clients.
Skills and knowledge
Excellent understanding of HR issues, relevant legal implications and ability to provide sensible can do assistance. Extensive knowledge of employment relations especially case work on Disciplinary, Grievances, absence management and restructures. Many of our clients are schools so an understanding of the relevant issues in the education sector will be important but the intention is that the HR work will increasingly grow in the charity and business sectors going forward. The appointee will want to be a part of this drive and development.
- Working with other teams in the Firm as required.
- Providing HR Support to a number of clients
- Monitoring and reporting on activities and provide relevant management information (including time recording appropriately).
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- The post-holder will have access to secretarial support and legal support from the Firm's Employment law team.
- Unusually for a Firm of solicitors the Employment team comprises both specialist employment lawyers and also highly experienced HR Consultants. The team works in a supportive environment with the lawyers and HR Consultants working closely together to provide an excellent legal and HR service for the Firm's clients. The HR work includes:
- Advising existing clients on human resources and related issues as they arise, for example, recruitment, payroll, training, contracts, disciplinary rules and procedures, redundancies, health and safety, transfers of businesses and consultation processes with experienced legal back up.
- Acting in a support role to clients addressing e.g. disciplinary issues including investigations and disciplinary hearings.
- Together with colleagues, seek to develop still further our HR and employment law offer generally but specifically Bath and surrounding areas.
- To assist in building the Firm's client base particularly in, but not limited to, the not for profit sector. The Firm's education clients, mainly Academies and Schools will be a particular focus.
- To develop the Firm's range of human resource services, and assisting the employment law team to expand their services e.g. providing bespoke HR services to clients under Retainer arrangements.
- To plan and carry out marketing activities to agreed budgets, timescales with appropriate support from the Employment law team and the Education Team.
The post-holder will report directly to the Head of HR Consultancy Services
Working hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm