First launched in 2016, ChilliConnect is a BaaS (backend-as-a-service) and Live Ops platform that makes it simple for game developers to add leaderboards, multiplayer, cloud save, analytics and more to their games without the need to build or operate their own servers.
We're now growing our development team and are looking for full-stack developers from Graduate level up to Senior. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a motivated, agile team that ships regularly and takes full ownership of their work.
As well as getting the chance to try out some interesting tech such as Kafka, Go, Docker, V8 and Apache Storm, you’ll also be working on a platform that already supports millions of players worldwide and is being used by more and more developers every month.
The role is for an initial period of 12 months with the potential to turn into a permanent position.
- Working within a team to design, develop, test and support software services for providing Live Ops, Game Backend and Analytics functionality for the games industry.
- Participate in technical design and planning sessions with other team members to breakdown high level requirements and produce estimated detailed and user stories.
- Mentoring, supporting and helping to improve the software development skills of other team members through code reviews, pair programming and informal feedback.
- Take a lead role in ensuring the quality, consistency and robustness of solutions developed by the team.
- Contribute to and inform software architecture and design decisions such as technology choices, API design and modularisation of services
- Familiarity with all of the following Linux, Apache, MySQL or other SQL database, PHP/Java/C# or a related language.
- Experience with relational database design and strong SQL skills
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented programming techniques, including: Design Patterns, Refactoring, Dependency Injection and the SOLID principles, and ability to communicate these to others
- Experience with Unit Testing, preferably using Test Driven Development
- Experience of coaching and mentoring other developers
- Experience of working on high-availability, high-load production web applications with large data volumes
- In depth understanding of implementing large server applications including networking, memory, storage, consistency and concurrency concerns.
- Experience of working with AWS, or an equivalent cloud provider.
- Experience with any of Amazon Redshift, DynamoDB, SQS, Kafka, Apache Storm and Apache Spark
- Experience designing and implementing big data pipelines and large scale batch processing
- Experience with server configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Unity, Android or iOS development
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77214899