Risk Consultant - Progress to Manager - City
Market leading general insurer and reinsurer currently seek a talented and ambitious risk consultant to join an established risk team with a view to medium term progression towards risk manager level responsibility.
The remit of the role will include:
- Assisting with carrying out risk management processes such as:
- Updating the risk registers across the international region including risk assessments
- Monitoring progress against the risk register projects
- Monitoring risk appetite
- Emerging Risk monitoring (e.g. Cyber)
- Reviewing and updating risk policies
- Provide input into risk scenarios included in the international ORSA
- Contributing to the continuing development of the risk management function through:
- Participation in new projects and initiatives e.g. key risk indicators, risk dashboards
- Assessment and improvement of risk management processes and procedures
- Reviewing best practice, guidance and standards
- Liaise with individuals within the business to obtain risk management information, particularly risk owners and control owners
- Delivering key work priorities and activities within the context of agreed plans
- Assisting in organising the Risk Management Committees, including producing risk packs and dashboards
- Coordination of Partial Internal Model-related processes, including supporting with independent validation of non-risk components, monitoring effectiveness of controls and highlighting areas of potential model change
- Updating and developing risk management pages on intranet
- Reviewing, designing and amending systems to meet any new requirements, taking into account complexity of different business levels and the relationship between the data
- Ensuring the ERM framework, policies and procedures are adequately defined and documented
- Analysing risk management information and produce standard and ad-hoc reports
- Explaining RM concepts and principles to members of the business
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in a risk function within the (re)insurance industry, being familiar with risk management processes, language and tools / systems. Those who are familiar with insurance terminology and who have strong IT skills, including Excel and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard will be at a distinct advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and capable individual who would like to progress towards a risk manager role within a dynamic environment. You will be supported in your progression plan over the medium term and as the requisite skills are developed.
Please apply with your CV for consideration.