RecWorks have a history of hiring remote workers in a variety of roles, often with family commitments who have had a parental break and are now looking to continue their careers. We currently employ a number of happy remote workers who have been with us circa 10 years.
RecWorks is a leading specialist Java recruiter, based in London. We don’t use hard sell tactics as we prefer to build genuine relationships with the developer community through arranging and running high quality evening events for the communities we support – most notable the London Java Community which has well over 6,000 members. Our events are run in weekday evenings in Central London (Mon-Thu) and usually attract between 50 and 150 software developers. The atmosphere at our community events is friendly and informal but we are professional and efficient in our organisation.
We’ve been in operation for ten years and our communities are thriving. We are looking to release a new series of events for which we are looking for at least one freelance event host. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in event planning (either corporate, community, wedding, educational etc) to open our events and ensure they run smoothly. It is very much a hands-on role, opening an event, welcoming speakers/attendees and being around to ensure the event runs smoothly.
On average we run one evening event in Central London each week, at various venues, usually around Shoreditch (Old Street/Liverpool Street). These events run from roughly 18:30 to about 20:30, followed by informal drinks.
You’ll need to:
- Be familiar with the schedule of events
- Arrive at the venue in good time to meet the speaker
- Introduce the speaker to the audience
- Ensure everyone knows where they’re going for after event drinks
For the avoidance of doubt, whilst there may be some remote work, the majority of this role will require attendance at evening events in London (on average one evening event a week).
We can offer:
- Flexible working hours, we have many events a month so you wouldn’t necessarily have to get to every event, hence the event could be based around your availability and preferences
- A company culture where many of our team are remote workers with family responsibilities
- Support as you grow into the role
- The possibility to make the role your own as you gain understanding of the company, the communities and how we work