24x7 Support Technician
Our IT Shared Service Centre underpins operations here at our Head Office and is the foundation upon which we do business. It is a vibrant and fun department, full of technology enthusiasts and a diverse range of personalities. With a number of large scale transformation projects in flight at the moment, there has not been a more exciting time to join the department.
Our business critical infrastructure does not stop when everyone else has left head office. We have a dedicated and professional team of support staff on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who ensure that our core systems and processes are operating efficiently.
Due to an internal move, we are looking for a driven 24x7 Support Technician to support the business, in carrying out a wide range of critical support tasks.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to commit to 12 hour days, rotating between days and nights, with shift patterns changing quarterly. For your flexibility you will receive a shift allowance alongside your basic salary, but please feel free to enquire for more information.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
• Group Personal Pension Plan
• Life Cover
• 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
• SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
• Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
• Childcare vouchers
• Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
• An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
• Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
• Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
• Eye Tests
- Running and monitoring core databases overnight batch processes and task
- Monitoring and troubleshooting print transfers to internal and external cold systems
- Backups of the Society’s systems and all associated tasks
- Development database refreshes and file restores
- Printing and distributing reports, letters and cheques
- You will be a value driven individual, with positive attitude and aptitude to learn
- You will have experience in a technical support role
- Windows Server experience essential
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Stack.
- Working knowledge of JADE Technology.
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77205633