Job Title: Conveyancer
Responsible For: All Conveyancing staff, including Fee Earners
Responsible To: Lyn Gardiner, Partner
Ensuring the matters undertaken by the Conveyancing department are processed following the policies and procedures established within the Firm and in accordance with the accreditations achieved by the Firm. Undertaking all aspects of work in Conveyancing matters for clients, ensuring diligent and efficient conduct of all work undertaken, liaising with and delegating to secretarial/support staff as appropriate in most cost effective way, whilst maintaining client care as the upmost priority.
Main Job Activities
- To be responsible for the compliance of risk management and client care policies in every matter where acting as caseworker.
- To be responsible for the undertaking of all conveyancing matters and ensure the Firm is instructed by clients accordingly, including obtaining formal signed instruction and acceptance of Terms and Conditions.
- To develop the Firms conveyancing department in conjunction with Partners and to assist with the promotion and marketing of this area in the Firm in accordance with the agreed marketing and development plan.
- Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries;
- Obtaining instructions and advising on course(s) of action, length and cost of case (as appropriate), to obtain most preferable outcome for client;
- Assessment of client's financial means assisting with financial management of all matters, including the preparation of completion statements/invoices and close liaison with Accounts department;
- Preparing correspondence, Legal Forms/Documents required for clients and appropriated third parties.
- Ensuring efficient day-to-day progress of all matters, regular progress reviews on all matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed on progress.
- To ensure that clients are kept satisfied at all times and to resolve any concerns promptly and courteously and report complaints for investigation in accordance with office procedures.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Firm's policies and practices defined within the Office Manual and to liaise with the Practice Manager regarding ideas for improvement to the quality system.
- To ensure training requirements are complied with and recorded.
- Share best practices with all conveyancers within the firm
Skills / Qualifications / Experiences Required
- Membership of Professional body
- Ability to explain legal matters to non – experts.
- Previous experience acting as a fee earner in Conveyancing cases.
- Assertive in when to make decision and when to seek guidance.
- Investigatory approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work activities and time.
- Numerate: ability to make sense of financial information and track working time.
- Strong IT skills: adaptability to information systems quickly, ability to learn how to use case management systems effectively.
- Excellent literacy skills including drafting style, attention to detail and accurate use of the English language.
- Clear and concise communication, good listener and able to adapt information to suit audience.
- Courteous, considerate and respectful to clients and others members of the team