OKA, PR and Events Manager
OKA is seeking an experienced agency-side PR and Events Manager with a background in homewares, retail or general consumer PR to join its busy Chelsea based Marketing and PR team.
OKA is a successful multi-channel retailer of beautiful, unique and affordable furniture and accessories for the home. Today we have 14 stores and an extensive mail order, online and trade business with many thousands of customers throughout the UK and the world beyond.
As a PR and Events Manager, you will:
- Devise and manage the PR strategy covering national newspapers, consumer lifestyle and interiors magazines, regional newspapers and lifestyle magazines, online and bloggers
- Manage media partnerships, or ‘advertorials’ with magazines, including product selection, design, layout and copy
- Identify and manage beneficial brand partnerships, both locally and across the whole business
- Be the brand guardian by overseeing and ensuring consistency in how the brand is perceived and where OKA appears
- Gain exposure with local influencers around new store launches
- Plan, budget and execute seasonal brand, press and customer events
- Plan, edit and write content for the internal company newsletter
- Report on the success of events and recommend improvements for the future
- Monitor recruitment of new customers and sales driven by in-store events
- Report on coverage on a weekly/monthly basis, and assess YOY growth
- Manage a PR Executive
- Work with our retained agency to support financial PR and DR
- Identify opportunities to achieve financial and corporate coverage
- Keep the press database up to date
- Work with our SEO and Affiliate Managers to oversee Social Media and Blogs for the brand.
- Ensure the consistency of brand messaging via social media
- Increase OKA’s social media following. Identify opportunities and propose ideas to do this.
You will be:
- An Account Manager with proven agency-side experience in interiors, homewares or consumer retail PR
- Good at developing relationships with journalists in the relevant field
- A great communicator, with excellent copywriting skills and an incredible eye for detail
- Ambitious and keen to progress
- Extremely organised
- Experienced in social media
- Well versed in using Microsoft Office
- A team player
If successful, you will be part of a fast-paced and successful business. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including bonus, staff discount, pension scheme and continuous personal development.
If this position is of interest to you and if you think you have the right skills to be successful, please complete the application form below to send us a cover letter and an up to date CV.
DUE TO A HIGH RESPONSE OF APPLICATIONS, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO CONTACT SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES