Solicitor - Non-Contentious Construction
• Act as contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice (extent to initially depend on level of qualification).
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
• Make an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Comply with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes etc as well as the specific requirements of individual clients.
• Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
• A Solicitor with experience of the principal forms of construction contract, professional appointments, warranties and bespoke development agreements. Ideally the candidate should have experience in residential and mixed use development projects as well as commercial developments.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Team oriented with the ability to operate with a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Keen to be involved in business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships undertake client marketing and influence at all levels.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of matters simultaneously.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
London Real Estate - Construction Team
We offer the opportunity to work within a market-leading Real Estate team in a top 20 firm, with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol and other locations throughout the UK and across the World.
Our well-established team comprises over 200 fee-earners and support staff with expert support in every area of the Real Estate market.
Our construction team plays an integral role in supporting our clients in every aspect of property development from planning through procurement, project funding and ultimately disposals.
An expanding client list and increasing workloads means new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and are keen to seize the opportunity to use their proven technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.