Subscription Marketing Manager
- Working for an established and progressive media company
- Owning the end to end marketing strategy for leading content brands
- Introducing a paywall to the business's online content
- Driving print and online subscriptions through integrated marketing campaigns
- Wider marketing department of around 30 people
The Role: The Subscription Marketing Manager reports directly in to the Marketing Director and will be responsible for marketing three of this leading media company's brands. The company have had free to view online content and have monetised their brand through print subscriptions and advertising revenue. This role will support the Marketing Director with introducing an online paywall to diversify the paid offering. Once the paywall has launched the Subscriptions Marketing Manager will be responsible for running end to end integrated marketing campaigns to drive print and online subscriptions. The successful candidate will have worked in a subscriptions marketing role and have worked with marketing automation (ideally Pardot) to create a long-term engagement strategy to gain new subscribers whilst retaining existing customers.
Responsibilities for the position of Subscription Marketing Manager will include:
- Supporting the introduction of the online paywall that limits online content access to non-subscribers
- Owning the end to end marketing campaign strategy for three leading brands
- Maintaining and growing offline/print subscriptions
- Working with editorial to define a content marketing strategy for new and existing subscriber journeys
- Utilising marketing automation (Pardot), social channels, digital marketing (SEO, PPC, Programmatic), external agencies and internal teams (UX, Ad Ops, Designers) to create fully integrated campaigns
- Working with the UX team to analyse website traffic and customer journey
To be considered for the role of Subscription Marketing Manager you must have:
- 4+ years' experience working in a commercially focused marketing role
- Worked in a commercial subscriptions marketing role (B2B or B2C)
- Experience within a media and publishing business
- Ran multi-channel marketing campaigns, including using marketing automation (Pardot ideally)
- An ability to work with stakeholders across all levels
The company: This is a well-established media company with multiple leading brands. Whilst well-established they are constantly pushing boundaries to test and improve their offering against competitors. The marketing department have over 30 professionals working across the business and have invested in new marketing technology to ensure they are at the forefront of the latest trends.
The package for Subscription Marketing Manager:
- Salary: £35,000-37,500 + 10% bonus + benefits
Location: The position of Subscription Marketing Manager will be based in Central London
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.