Commercial Insurance Paralegal
The Commercial Insurance team at DWF provide high quality commercial advice on a wide range of matters including policy interpretation, FOS matters, property damage (subrogated recoveries and defending), non-injury counter fraud, product liability and professional indemnity. We are seeking applications from bright graduates who are keen to begin their legal careers.
- We are seeking candidates with a strong academic performance including a 2:1 at degree level, not necessarily in Law.
- The ability to work well within the wider insurance team, to self-motivate and to provide guidance and support to junior team members when required.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
Main function of job:
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and to manage performance and deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to our insurer clients.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
We will make reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best. Please contact the DWF Recruitment team and tell us what adjustments you need either to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview. We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.