Real Estate Solicitor (NQ-2)
DWF LLP is now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic recently qualified solicitor to join our expanding real estate team in Glasgow. There will be a substantial emphasis on energy work for major players in the Electricity and Renewables fields, plus high-quality development work for blue chip clients. Being the right candidate is more important than having previous commercial real estate experience as excellent on the job training will be provided. You will be joining a friendly supportive team dedicated to excellent client service. You should be confident working under pressure and to tight timescales.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a drive to succeed, and an enthusiasm to engage with clients. It is important that the successful candidate has the ability to work as part of a team in addition to being confident working under his/ her own initiative. We are also seeking candidates with confidence in terms of presentation skills and client contact, and a real desire to develop their career at DWF. An interest in one or more of DWF's Sector Groups, such as Energy and Infrastructure, Education, Retail and Transport and Logistics would be beneficial but not essential.
Main function of job: To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
We will make reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best. Please contact the DWF Recruitment team and tell us what adjustments you need either to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview. We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.