Newly Qualified Employment Solicitor
We are looking to recruit a newly qualified Solicitor to join our Employment team in Edinburgh to advise on a range of non-contentious and contentious employment matters mainly for employers, including defending ET claims as well as transactional work supporting Corporate, Commercial and Real Estate teams, including advising on TUPE-related issues.
This role would be ideal for someone who has just qualified as a solicitor in Employment Law and finished their training contract.
Ideally candidates will have gained some meaningful Employment experience during their training contract and will have a strong desire to pursue a career as an Employment lawyer post qualification.
Main function of job: To provide advice and support to commercial clients on the full range of Employment law issues. In doing so you will demonstrate some technical knowledge and commercial judgement and we would expect this to develop quickly. You will do so within required time frames and will be expected to provide the highest possible service level to clients whilst managing a busy workload.
- Clearly understand client requirements and confidently provide practical answers and advice both verbally and in written form whilst ensuring work is carried out with a high degree of attention to detail and technical accuracy at all times;
- Manage a tribunal caseload, including interacting with clients, drafting all pleadings, statements and preparing bundles and willingness and ability to perform own advocacy;
- Be accountable for individual financial performance and ensure delivery of
- responsibilities within required time frames and to the highest standard possible;
- Analyse risk and use sound judgement with decisions impacting on clients/practice area and anticipate both positive and negative consequences;
- Work as part of a team, including delegating work appropriately and managing work upwards when required to ensure that work performed meets individual performance requirements as well as those of the wider team/Firm;
- Understand individual role and performance in the Firm as well as commercial trends affecting practice area or potential business development activity;
- Develop your confidence in client facing and presentation skills
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Act appropriately to business needs including an ability to initiate change and
- communicate new ideas effectively both internally and externally at all levels;
- Contribute to the firm as a whole through participation, business development and cross office and cross practice working.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks
as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business
objectives of the organisation