Collections Officer/Paralegal - Experience Essential
A Top 20 Law Firm is seeking to recruit an experienced Paralegal to join their recoveries team in Leeds.
This role requires essential experience in Collections and/or Debt Recovery.
Acting on behalf of a variety of major commercial organisations, the Collections team are
responsible for managing high volume caseloads in a pre-litigated environment. This role
offers excellent scope for progression and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced
Collections Paralegal to develop their career with a fast growing and innovative Firm.
Main function of job: To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory
conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the
terms of the client service level agreement.
a. Responsible to: Senior Paralegal.
b. Liaison with: All fee earners within Practice Group / Practice Area.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols
- ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Managing a complex caseload through the Liberate system, ensuring that all files are
- kept up to date.
- Raising case or client issues with Senior Paralegals as appropriate
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communication to clients and debtors, via
- telephone, email and post.
- Scanning relevant documents for online storage and attaching to Liberate.
- Opening files electronically, including regular high volume uploads from bulk clients.
- Driving sector specific business development relationships and actively assisting in
- the management of relationships with new and existing clients.
- Assisting in the supervision of junior members of the team.
- Providing support to Senior Paralegal with client relationship.
- Strong IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database
- programmes, internet research and MI reporting.
- Substantial Telephone Collections experience essential.
- Previous experience with Liberate an advantage.
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident
- telephone manner.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and
- development opportunities.
- Previous experience in a telephone-based role would be an advantage but is not essential.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different
tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business
objectives of the organisation.