Our client is a group of secondary schools in the Salisbury area. Their strength lies in their passion to make a difference on a daily basis to the lives of young people. From 1st November 2017, there will be four different schools in this partnership, each with their own distinctive ethos and values, but that share the same goal to ensure that every young person has the access to an excellent educational experience. The core aim is to improve and further develop the quality of the education provision across Salisbury and surrounding villages for the benefit of the young people in the area.
Our client is currently looking for a Director of Finance and Business. The purpose of this role will be to lead and manage the business aspects of the partnership, providing a high quality of leadership and management of the schools business functions contributing to the preparation, implementation and review of the Trust Improvement and growth plans. This position will provide strategic and operational leadership in all aspects of business activities within the Trust’s schools and be accountable for the operation, maintenance and development of systems, processes and procedures relating to budget, finance, administration, HR, and premises.
- Provide strategic leadership and management of the schools finances
- Taking overall responsibility for the annual budget
- Advise the Academy Trust on financial strategy to support and develop the educational aims, ethos and growth strategy of the partnership
- Produce and present regular financial reports to the Trust Board and all relevant committees
- Advise on all legal, governance, accountancy and tax implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and regulatory environment and advising appropriate action.
- Liaising with external regulators and advisors
- Ensure that Financial Standards are in line with current legislation and ESFA requirements
- Develop financial management policies, processes and systems
- Preparation and submission of required returns to statutory bodies.
- Develop, deliver and implement a marketing strategy
- Provide leadership and management of HR issues.
- Oversee the Estates and Facilities areas.
Skills and Experience
- Accountancy qualification or equivalent
- Successful track record of operating an accounting system and computer software packages.
- Experience of budget management and income generation
- Clear understanding of academy and school funding including high needs funding
- Experience of developing and implementing successful financial strategies
- Detailed knowledge of Charities Act Accounts, Management Accounts, Computerized Accounting Packages, Internal Control and Risk Management, Commercial requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and has the ability to prioritize workload
- Works on their own and as a team player.
- Self motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Clean driving licence
The role is full time (based five minutes drive from Salisbury station) with the possibility for flexible hours for the right candidate. This is a permanent position and independent consultants or applicants seeking to fulfill the role on a short term, day-rate or project basis will not be considered.