Paralegal - Injury
• A paralegal or claims professional working within the defendant injury claims team.
• Your case load will be primarily litigated employers liability and public liability claims with some limited motor claims. These will be on behalf of our insurer and commercial clients.
• you will also be working on a task based basis with other colleagues on more complex and higher value cases.
• You will be working in a team of 14 + fee earners who also work on defendant injury claims. The team is within a wider office that handles a variety of claims and legal issues.
• Your work will be supervised by more senior members of the team and you will receive the required level of technical, system and firm specific training to complete the role.
• You shall exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year and also achieve a billing target commensurate with your role and client fee scale.
• As part of your role you may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
• As part of your role you will be asked to build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services and to maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• As part of your role you will be asked to maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and where necessary exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
• A claims handler/paralegal with a keen interest in defendant liability claims.
• The preferred candidate will have some experience in handling liability claims
• Be able to build good relationships within the team and also with our commercial/insurer client.
• An awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations would be preferable.
• Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
• Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial (or pragmatic) perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.