Legal Secretary- Business Services
Legal Secretary - Hertford
At Breeze & Wyles solicitors, we can trace our history back to 1914 in Bow, East London. Since then the firm has expanded steadily and today has three offices in Hertfordshire, Bishop’s Stortford, Enfield, and Hertford and employs more than 170 people.
We live by our values:
- We are client focused
- We give value for money
- We strive for quality in our processes, our service and our staff
- We are innovative and progressive
- We are socially responsible
- We are an employer of choice
About this amazing opportunity...
Based from our Office in Hertford, you will be reporting directly into the Chief Executive of the firm along with dotted lines into a Senior Litigation Executive and Assistant Solicitor. You will be at the forefront of our business ensuring our clients are given the best service possible. You will be working within the business services team and will have already been working within this environment in a similar position.
Now we know that we couldn’t run our business without you! So we have worked hard to ensure you receive the best benefits out there…
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays - increasing with service up to a maximum of 36 days.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Breeze & Wyles Offers
- Childcare Vouchers
What will you be doing?
All of our offices are unique in their own way and we pride ourselves as being an employer of choice.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all correspondence relating to the matters with which you have conduct. To ensure that any matter that requires the attention of a Director or Manager/Fee Earner is brought to their attention promptly.
- To maintain a business diary detailing all client appointments and critical dates. To ensure that the diary is consistent with any central diary system the Firm may maintain and is kept up to date on a daily basis.
- To ensure that an effective filing system is maintained so that files of which you have conduct are readily retrievable.
- To process data accurately on the Partner 4 Windows Case Management system as required, using the system in the optimum way to keep processes stream-lined.
- To deal with clients in a manner conducive to the maintenance of business and personal relationships and ensure that their needs are catered for.
- To deal promptly and effectively with all telephone calls in a diplomatic, efficient and polite manner.
- Preparing mail and enclosures correctly for despatch. Assisting with outgoing post as required.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To become progressively aware of all aspects of the business and the firm’s products in order to act constructively when dealing with legal work.
10. To have conduct of such matters as are allocated to you within your own skills and experience.
11. To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
12. To carry out confidential assignments for your Manager and Directors/Fee Earners as directed.
13. To co-operate with your Manager and Directors/Fee Earners and carry out work as directed by them. To be in attendance as required, catering for the needs of clients and the practice as a whole.
The working week is Monday-Friday at 37.5 hrs per week and the hours are between 9am-5.30pm- you will be receive an hours lunch break at 1pm-2pm each day and a competitive salary.
What you'll need on your CV...
We’re looking for someone who is great at multitasking, able to effectively deal promptly with requests from both fee earners, Directors and other support staff.
You will also need:
- Legal Secretary Experience 2+ years
- Ideally some knowledge of Litigation, Debt Recovery and Insolvency along with Property
- Some notary experience would be an advantage
- Word Processing experience
- Audio Typing experience is necessary for this position
We're a fantastic company to work for and...
At Breeze & Wyles Solicitors Ltd., we have a vision and aim to provide innovative legal services that focus on our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations. As a long established leading law firm, our strategy is to concentrate our resources on creating a centre of excellence. This enables us to provide outstanding value, while our commitment to delivering high quality legal services is supported by our ongoing policy of recruiting, retaining and developing talented individuals throughout the business.