Network Security Engineer, Juniper, Cisco, JunOS, BGP, IPsec, UNIX
A Network Security Engineer is desired by my client, a digital marketers located in Oxford. The Network Security Engineer will be involved in the design and management of networks and security for our SaaS infrastructure. The Network Security Engineer will have access to some great benefits some great benefits and work in a great team.
The Network Security Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:Key Tasks
- Play a key role in drafting and maintaining policies, procedures and documentation for system security and ensuring compliance.
- Take ownership of designing and documenting secure, resilient and scalable networks.
- Responsible for the daily analysis of log files, intrusion reports, network statistics and conducting change control requests.
- Install and maintain operating system for network appliances including migrating to new OS release and patching.
- Run regular security scans, reviews and tests of the infrastructure.
- Manage security vulnerability and patching.
- Maintain software patching schedule.
- Configuring and maintaining switches and firewalls.
- IP allocation and routing.
The Network Security Engineer will work in a Technical Environment consisting of:
- JunOS, iOS, Cisco, Juniper
- IPsec, OpenVPN
- BGP, OSPF, RIPE, VLAN
- SSL, SSH
The Network Security Engineer will have the following key skills & knowledge
- Educated to a least Degree level
- CCNP, JNCP or similar
- Experience working with Juniper/Cisco network appliances.
- Extensive network administration experience.
- Experience working with multi-site infrastructure
- Experience with writing and maintaining network documentation
- Experience with configuration management tools would be favorable
Skills & knowledge
- Demonstrable knowledge of UNIX-like systems
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper devices
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and TCP stack
- Knowledge of OWASP and CVE vulnerabilities
- A good-humoured team player who takes pride in their work, and can thrive in an often- pressurised environment with the ability to prioritise time carefully.
Systems Administrator, Linux, PostgreSQL, UNIX, Python, CentOS, Nginx
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position. Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76171046