This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our well established and nationally recognised Charity and Social Enterprise Team. The role will be based in our Leeds office however may require occasional travel to any of our other locations or off site as client demands require.
The successful candidate will be involved in all areas of law and practice relating to charities and social enterprise. They will be highly experienced in Charity Law and will have a following or a proven track record of generating work. The Team work on many high profile matters and are at the forefront of developments in law and practice.
The current case load of the Charity and Social Enterprise Team contains a mix of the following:-
- Charity governance
- Major project work
- Funding initiatives
- Formation of new charities and other social enterprise vehicles
- Charity constitutions including Charity Commission schemes and orders
- Restructuring, mergers and other transfers of businesses and assets
- Legal audits
- Trading structures
- Commercial partnerships
- Charity Commission Inquiries and other Charity Commission monitoring and investigation including assisting with Interim Manager work
- Charity litigation, including the Charity Tribunal
The successful candidate will be a 4-6 PQE Solicitor and will have trained within a well-regarded City or regional practice. They will have a following of work or the ability to generate work and be driven to develop the Firm's offering as a whole and also to grow the Firm's presence in the field of Charity and Social Enterprise in the North East.
- Effectively manage an individual caseload.
- Attend to clients of the Firm in the office or elsewhere if needed.
- Work in a collegiate and collaborative way within an immediate Team and wider Firm environment.
- Communicate promptly and effectively both internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
- Maintain your continuing professional development requirements and take an active interest in furthering your knowledge within the field of law.
- To carry out your work for both colleagues and clients to the highest possible standard, having regard to the Firm's standards, procedures and core values.
- To regularly attend, and be involved in preparation for, Team meetings.
- To attend and be involved in preparation for marketing and business development events and activities.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to meet deadlines where necessary.
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. We need someone that is pro-active and able to manage pressure.
We are committed to recruiting talented individuals and providing our clients with outstanding legal service and so excellent academics along with sound previous experience are essential although this experience doesn't necessarily have to be within the field of charity law.
The candidate should be well-organised, technologically proficient and capable of working on their own or within a team. They will also be required where necessary to provide supervision to more junior members of the team.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respects and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
The post-holder will report on a day-to-day basis to the Charity and Social Enterprise Partners and overall to the Head of Charities and Social Enterprise Team.
Working hours – 9.00am - 5.30pm.