The post is for a Paralegal to work within the Private Client Property team in our London office.
The role will primarily involve supporting a Partner in the Private Client Property Team, working under supervision and as soon as practicable taking on work with reducing supervision. The role involves a lot of client contact, drafting and procedural work. There is a growing trend in overseas issues and acting for overseas clients and investors.
The role will in addition require you to carry out research activities and assist with business development. The applicant will be expected to assist with file and document management and administrative duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Legal research
- Supporting business development activities
- Assisting with all staff to facilitate efficiency on transactions
- Word processing of documents and correspondence with clients
- Scanning/filing/photo-copying/document management
- Dealing with all clients referred to you in person in the office or at their home/office, where required, and on the telephone
- To work as part of a Team with the other members of the Team/s or other members of the firm where necessary
- To carry out your work for the client to the highest possible standard
- To deal with communications promptly
- To meet agreed time recording and billing requirements
- Liaising with accounts re bills, credit control etc
- The person must have the ability to take responsibility for managing their own cases, subject to overall supervision which will be given with attention to personal development, and be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to do so when necessary.
- Law degree or equivalent and ideally, LPC.
- Experience of working within a legal environment is an advantage.Additional Requirements
Personal qualities will be extremely important.
Our environment is positive and supportive but at times can be pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. We need someone that is pro-active and will not be negatively affected by pressure.
The candidate should be well-organised; possess excellent communication skills; be highly accurate in the quality of their work; technologically proficient and (although supervised) capable of working on their own and taking initiative.
The ability to work in harmony with others, and to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
It will be necessary for the candidate to already have good IT and keyboard skills.
Working hours – 9.00am – 5.30pm