Team Leader - Cyber Vulnerabilities
As Dstl’s first line of management, the primary purpose of the Team Leader (TL) is to provide leadership to the people in their team. This has a balance of leading/ managing people and technical leadership, ensuring the development and delivery of capability to meet current and future demand.
You will be responsible for the management of approximately 15 staff members at Dstl’s centre of gravity in the field of embedded systems vulnerability research and helping to further establish the group as being the first port of call across government in offering the right skills, expertise and necessary tooling to find and fully understand vulnerabilities in advanced embedded devices.
In this role you will:
• Develop & sustain capability (people relationships, infrastructure, knowledge, licences to practice) to provide technical/scientific contribution to current and future projects across Dstl through effective use of the Team's resources/expertise.
• Directly line manage of a team of ca.15 Team Members
• Ensure staff have knowledge of and conform to all safety and security and resilience requirements.
• Build staff engagement and create an environment which nurtures excellence.
• Implement Dstl's policies and ensure compliance with the Management System.
• Provide individual technical/professional contribution as agreed with Line Manager.
Knowledge & Skills Needed
• A passion for understanding the science and technology behind embedded systems.
• Proven track record of applying leadership and developing people in a cyber science and technology context.
• Leadership and people management experience.
• Sufficient technical and business management expertise to understand the tools, techniques and skills required within the Team and how to develop them.
• Understanding of the safety security and resilience risks of the programmes and projects that the Team supports
• Understanding of the business benefits of diversity and equality and how to create an inclusive working environment
• Commercial awareness
A understanding of embedded systems including some or all of the following:
• RF Technologies;
• Embedded Software;
• Software/Hardware Development;
• Reverse Engineering.
And a career path which can demonstrate
• Successful management and delivery of work
• Supervision of others; this may include tasking or guidance.
You will ideally have a degree or advanced professional qualification in a STEM subject.
To find out more about this role please visit the civil service jobs website and search for vacancy 1562642.