My client are a manufacturer of safety critical components within the automotive industry, part of a global group with locations throughout the world. They work with many of the large OEM's within the automotive industry throughout the world, and are looking to recruit a Lead Engineer to join their operation based in Wiltshire.
The main function within the role of Lead Engineer will be to manage a small team of Design Engineers in all aspects of design and development of my client's products and R&D projects.
This is a varied role and will involve working with other areas within the business, customers and suppliers achieving the commercial objectives for each product.
The role will involve the coordination of all engineering activities leading to successful project implementation including:
- Chairing of team meetings
- Coordination of design activities (CAD, FEA, Design Reviews, etc.)
- Coordination of prototype and Development Activities
- Coordination of DMFEA / DFM reviews
- Workbook updates (design and process reviews)
- Supplier feasibility reviews
- SDT support
- Management of CAD / FEA data transferred to and from allocated customers in support of efficient and accurate communication and development progress.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within the automotive industry, and possess the following qualifications/skills:
This role would also be suitable for an experienced Design Engineer with experience in managing a small team looking for the next step in their career.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521085