Product Design Engineer (Automotive)
Job Title - Product Design Engineer
Location - Trowbridge
My client manufacturer parts for the automotive industry, and supply a global client base of OEM's.
The role will involve liaising with various internal departments including Simultaneous Development Team, Product Engineering Team, Product Engineering Manager, Test Engineering, Process Engineering, Purchasing, QA and Manufacturing.
The main function of the role as a Product Design Engineer you will work in conjunction with customers and suppliers, and in accordance with the APQP process, design and develop our client's products through to manufacturing handover to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Working with Lead Engineer and external customers, analyse requirements, define specifications and design package requirements.
- Working with the Lead Engineer, CAE team and the SDT, customers and external suppliers, utilising design procedures and tools, prepare design concepts for new products, meeting package, performance, cost and manufacturing targets.
- Support product design presentations and technical meetings with customers.
- In accordance with the advanced quality procedures, systems and Gateway (APQP) process, and as part of the SDT,design and develop our client's products through to production handover.
Including the following duties:
- Lead the DFMEA process
- Coordinate CAE validation work and reporting.
- Preparation and release of designs, including drawings, bill of materials, component material and test specifications, from prototype to production level.
- Prepare and manage the prototype test plan for products.
- Organise the manufacture and testing of prototype parts through the internal systems.
- Resolution of design problems related to product performance, cost, and manufacturability.
- Prepare technical reports related to design and test validation for internal, customers and suppliers.
- Support the development from prototype to production introduction of sub component with suppliers
- Educated to degree level
- Good standard of 3/2D CAD capability for generating design concepts.
- Good appreciation of engineering design analysis and the application of advanced CAE methodologies.
- Experience of component testing and test specification preparation.
- Proactive, creative, target oriented team player.
In return my client offer a competitive salary package and benefits including 25 days holiday, pension and healthcare.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521091