SF Group are currently recruiting for a Group Accountant for market leading company in Burton.
You will be reporting into the Group Financial Controller, and this role would suit you if you are a newly or recently qualified accountant and are looking to take the next step in your career.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to a high standard and to an agreed timetable
- Preparation of year end Statutory accounts together with annual tax reviews
- Helping to prepare annual budgets
- Support Group Financial controller with other adhoc tasks
- Support Business decision making
- Help maintain a strong financial control environment
- Preparation of management accounts to a high standard and to an agreed timetable
- Preparation of consolidated group management accounts pack to issue to head office
- Preparation of additional packs for head office
- Preparation of statutory accounts together with being part of the key team corresponding with auditors and ensuring a smooth audit
- Key external audit and tax contact
- Reviewing current group finance systems and implementing new systems
- Help support the Group Financial Controller in providing financial and analytical support to the Board of Directors
- Deputise for the Group Financial Controller as required
- Assistance with group budgeting and forecasting exercises
- Non-finance tasks including assisting with property leases, company secretarial, insurances etc.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and would suit you if you are looking to take your first step out of practice into industry or are qualified in industry and want to take the next step up in your career. You will have sound technical accounting skills and ideally previous experience of IFRS. You will have good communication skills, with the ability to communicate and build rapport with staff across all levels as well as external third parties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain wide exposure in a role and across the business, and to take full ownership of the role. This role offers excellent experience to be able to continue your career to a Financial Controller.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, then please apply now for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77584096