UX Designer - c£Excellent plus benefits - Glasgow
Our client, a large and rapidly expanding IT Consulting Group urgently requires to appoint an experienced UX Designer to their team. Major new projects are forthcoming and the team require additional support for what will be a long-term period of growth for the business.
Over the last 18 months they have been building out their UX capability and proposition and integrating it into our Enterprise Agile methodology.
They take a Design Thinking approach, but their unique selling point is that, unlike many newly formed digital offerings, their UX work is grounded in more than 20 years of hard-earned experience delivering enterprise scale technology solutions. They bridge the gap between good design and high quality software engineering.
To join the team you must have experience as a UX Designer, either internally within a large organisation or a leading consultancy.
The successful candidate will therefore be expected to help shape the UX proposition. They are looking for high-energy, user-driven and ambitious consultants who want to contribute to the growth of this key capability. You will be passionate about good user design!
As a UX Designer you will undertake a range of consulting activities across various sectors; financial services, commodities, government, retail, healthcare, media and more. You will be responsible for user research, information architecture, interaction design and usability testing or work with other team members to deliver.
You will deliver great user experiences through interfaces that are ?on-message? for the client, easy to use, attractive, appealing and user centric. Using your design experience, you will focus on excellent user experiences and interfaces.
Much of the solution delivery work that they do as a group involves business-critical, enterprise applications at the heart of their client?s businesses. Their UX Designers work on projects of a range of sizes to deliver solutions that are optimised to the needs of the workforce. Therefore, a pragmatic approach to delivery is required to deliver an exceptional end product or service.
Engagements may be delivered from their offices or at one of their client office locations - an element of travel is part of the job.
- Design, plan and lead user research, design and usability testing activities.
- Synthesise insights from discovery and incorporate into UX deliverables.
- Produce high quality user experience outputs such as personas, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, designs, prototypes and service blueprints.
- Work with clients and developers to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Lead Service Design projects.
- Engage in usability testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
- Work collaboratively within agile teams alongside business analysts, system architects, software engineers and testers.
- Keep up with UX best practices & trends and incorporate into deliverables.
- Run workshops with our clients and present deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Mentor more junior UX team members
In addition to project delivery responsibilities all of their staff get involved in initiatives to support our continuous improvement objectives, including:
- Participation & Development of the UX capability.
- Recruitment and interviewing.
- Process Improvement.
- Bid and Proposition development.
- Attending and take part in industry events.
- 3+ years relevant experience as a UX Consultant is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in scoping (project estimation), planning and delivering UX projects for a range of systems, apps and digital interfaces.
- Demonstrable experience of creating key deliverables such as detailed user journeys, user flows, wireframes, prototypes or UI designs for complex systems, websites or mobile apps.
- Demonstrable experience in applying quantitative and qualitative user research techniques.
- Demonstrable experience using tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, OmniGraffle, Sketch, Balsamiq or Axure to create wireframes, designs and prototypes.
- Preferably have experience of working in Agile teams to deliver rapid prototypes/ proof of concepts.
- Experience in service design activities is a bonus.
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial or Graphic Design, or related field would be a bonus
To be considered for the role, all candidates are required to show a portfolio of work to illustrate their experience, preferred UX process and the production of deliverables across a range of projects, channels and/or sectors.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521134