Legal Assistant - Conveyancing Department
Legal Assistant - Conveyancing Department- Bolton
We are looking to appoint a Legal Assistant (known internally as a Fee Earner Assistant) who will work within the residential conveyancing environment assisting the department to provide a comprehensive and quality Conveyancing service
Keoghs are very proud to have successfully launched its Conveyancing department at our office in Horwich, Bolton at the end of 2016. We are now expanding our Conveyancing teams and we are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
We are a law firm based in the North-West. Our offices are easily accessible in Horwich, Bolton via the M6 motorway and Horwich Parkway train station. We have been handling and defending general insurance claims since 1968 and we immensely proud to have established our Conveyancing Department. If you have previous experience in this field of expertise then we’d like to hear from you.
The Legal Assistant will handle day to day running of sales files under the supervision of the case manager and assist the case managers in the handling of purchase files. The role will include dealing with sale enquiries, providing updates and taking instructions. You will also be preparing forms, letters, contracts, leasehold and completion reports together with electronic accounts statements.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Previous experience in a similar role with Residential Conveyancing
• 5 GCSE’s grade C or above or equivalent. Relevant work experience can be considered as an alternative
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working with panel management companies and corporate estate agents
• Experience of working in a busy office environment and in dealing with clients both face to face and over the telephone
• Good communication skills with the ability to liaise with individuals regardless of their understanding of the subject, in both written and verbal format with an excellent telephone manner
• Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work, keep to deadlines and work under pressure
• Used to working to agreed targets and service level agreements
• Excellent IT skills including previous use of a case management system
• Ability to work within Keoghs Shared Behaviour framework
What you can expect from us
•A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
•Competitive Salary and Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77562949