We are currently working with a highly successful and growing business in Great Yarmouth to recruit an experienced and ideally qualified Management Accountant for a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The Management Accountant will report directly to the Financial Controller and be involved in a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Management accounts.
- Sales ledger & Purchase ledger.
- Performance comparisons to budget and forecast, with detailed financial analysis of variances and recommendations for performance improvement.
- Assist with year-end financial packs
- Assist with annual budgeting process and rolling quarterly forecasts.
- Implementation of departmental budgets (including overhead departments) and reporting on actuals and variances.
- Ongoing management of project costing system across the group, to help improve margins, processes and utilisation reporting.
- Ensure that financial controls, policies and procedures are in place across the Group and are actively adhered to.
- Capital expenditure preparation / review CAPEX validation of costs and benefits
- Cashflow forecasting.
- Producing and submitting quarterly VAT returns.
In order to be successful, you will need to be either qualified or a part-qualified management accountant and available at short notice.
Equally, you will need the following skills & experiences:
- Logical thinker with creative problem-solving ability
- Understanding of budget control
- Good administration, possesses good organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good level of computer literacy (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint) and previous knowledge of Sage 200 and Sage Job Costing is desirable, note excel ability to include the use of vlookups and pivot tables
- Project accounting/Analysis
- Ability to work under pressure work using your own initiative and as part of a team
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as significant scope for career development and potential for a permanent position at the end of the 6 months.
If you have all the skills and experiences required and would like to be considered, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77588612