EBD Teaching Assistant - Primary School - Nuneaton - January
SEN and EBD Teaching Assistant - Primary School - Nuneaton - January 2018 Start
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly motivated behavioural TA to work in a mainstream school as an SEMH/EBD teaching assistant in Nuneaton. This is the ideal role for someone with a hardworking and enthusiastic attitude to join a large and welcoming SEN team in this large mainstream school.
This is a large Ofsted rated 'Good' school, that caters to children from 7 - 11. The school are looking for a TA who has experience working with children with Speech and Language difficulties, ASD, ADHD and other challenging behaviours. Being Team Teach trained is desirable but not essential.
You will have a varied and rewarding position within the School. Your job title will be SEN TA and your duties will include:
- Liaising with Parents and Teachers regarding student progress.
- One to One Support - Supporting students with very challenging behaviour
- Working with students with ASD, ADHD and EBD and mental health issues
- Using strong communication skills and an adaptable teaching style to work with different pupils
You will be working with pupils with the following needs:
* Communication and Interaction difficulties (such as Speech and Language difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders)
* Cognition and Learning (such as specific literacy/ numeracy difficulties)
* Social, Mental and Emotional Health
* Sensory and/or Physical (such as visual or hearing impairment and children with medical needs).
- Level 3 Qualified or degree educated
- Can do attitude
- 1 Year's experience working with children with behavioural difficulties
- Available full-time from January 2018
- Able to get to travel to and from the Nuneaton area
- EBD training (must be restraint trained)
- Level 1 Safeguarding of Children
Working with Special Educational needs is a rewarding role for a person with a caring and compassionate attitude. If you feel you have the right skills and attributes to fit the role, then please call Bessie at Academics Ltd on 0121 616 7610 or email your CV over to .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77572828