Principle Design Engineer
My client are a manufacturer of safety critical components within the automotive industry, part of a global group with locations throughout the world. They work with many of the large OEM's within the automotive industry throughout the world, and are looking to recruit a Principal Design Engineer to join their operation based in Wiltshire.
The main function within the role of Principle Design Engineer will be to manage a small team of Design Engineers in all aspects of design and development of my client's products and R&D projects. This will involve working with many of the major OEM's within the automotive industry, and working as the lead on major product development programmes.
- Assign projects within team of direct reports to deliver programmes and manage resources to meet delivery milestones.
- To maintain a high level of communication with the customer on engineering matters related to the current projects, product and techniques to further business.
- To identify new opportunities and technologies for our clients products and participate in developing future technology roadmap.
- To develop new concepts and assigned products in accordance with customer requirements, project objectives, ISO and company quality systems, through full and efficient exploitation of company resources.
- Coordination of design team to produce high quality designs of products, sub-components and assemblies, which have been well considered for efficient manufacture.
The coordination of all Engineering activities leading to successful project implementation including:
- Engineering team meetings
- Design activities (CAD, FEA, Design Reviews, etc.)
- Prototype and Development Activities
- Coordination of DMFEA / DFM reviews
- Workbook updates (design and process reviews)
- Supplier feasibility reviews
- SDT support
- Management of CAD / FEA data transferred to and from allocated customers in support of efficient and accurate communication and development progress
The successful candidate will have previous experience within the automotive industry, and possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Educated to degree level
- 10+ years related engineering experience within the automotive industry
- Demonstrable experience in Engine Mount design and development or chassis/suspension component design
This role would also be suitable for an experienced Lead Design Engineer with experience in managing a small team looking for the next step in their career.
In return my client offer a competitive salary package, and salary benefits including relocation assistance if required, 25 days holiday, laptop, phone etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521090