Workplacement Agri-Marketing Co-ordinator
Location: Manchester city centre
Contract: 1 year work placement
As an Undergraduate Agri-Marketing Co-ordinator you'll work within the youthful and enthusiastic Co-op Agricultural team and in conjunction with one of our suppliers. This will enable you to experience both the retailer and supplier links of the supply chain, whilst working with other partners in the farming community to develop agricultural plans and create powerful relationships which demonstrate and deliver Co-op's commitment to supporting British agriculture.
What you'll do:
- Assist the delivery of the Co-op Farming and Food strategy by supporting the Agricultural managers to enable delivery of great quality products and innovation so that customers are delighted with our quality and recognise our key message of supporting British Agriculture. This will include preparation for and participation at major Agricultural Shows and Co-op Farming Group meetings, helping to deliver key agricultural messages through PR and marketing opportunities.
- You will be crucial to the co-ordination of upcoming projects as well as a key link between the supplier and Co-op.
- Understand a variety of areas across our group and supply chains. Delivering regular presentations to demonstrate your understanding of your learnings and key projects; but to also help us to discover new exciting opportunities for the future.
What you'll bring:
- We're looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual who is passionate about British food and farming
- Studying an Agricultural related degree or an agricultural background
- A genuine passion for food and animal welfare
- Strong communication skills to have the ability to effectively network with key industry stakeholders
- Enjoy working within a team but also able to motivate yourself
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Full UK driving licence
You'll get the opportunity to develop:
- Presentation Skills, by delivering monthly projects to the agricultural team and wider
- Involvement in delivery of key projects
- Experience within a corporate commercial environment
- Widen agricultural and technical knowledge of supply chains
- Time management through organisation and priorisation
- Building relationships across the supply base
- Working as part of a cross-functional team
The role is based in Manchester at the Co-op Head Quarters, although you will spend at large amount of time out of the office as this is a very practical experience.
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 24 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77567736