Facilities Contracts and Compliance Officer - North Wales
Our Public Sector Client are currently recruiting for an experienced Facilities Contracts and Compliance Officer to join their team on an initial 12 month contract.
- Remuneration (£27,519 - £29,307)
- Hours: 37 per week
The purpose of the job is to have responsibility for a maintenance programme for the electrical and building services for the force facilities.
The successful candidate will have the relevant qualifications or experience in Electrical Engineering, and experience in carrying out a facilities role previously, ideally within the public sector.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To plan and have responsibility for a maintenance programme for the electrical and building services of all major operational Police and Fire & Rescue Service buildings to ensure legislative compliance.
- To oversee electrical building services works from inception to completion and provide technical support to Capital Projects.
- To have responsibility for effective, efficient maintenance systems this includes the management of consultants, contractors and in-house staff for Electrical building services.
- To establish procedures as part of a team in respect of reactive and planned maintenance works including developing systems for managing contractors on health and safety.
- To have delegated responsibility for budgets as allocated by the Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organise and validate works undertaken by external electrical engineering and building contractors, compiling specifications where required, advising on tenders, pricing and scoping work on maintenance.
- Implement a comprehensive electrical test programme for all properties in accordance with IEE Regulations, produce test specifications, evaluate results and initiate repairs accordingly
- To review and analyse month end reports from the Helpdesk system to identify outstanding issues and provide information to the Helpdesk to confirm completion of works.
- To review expenditure against allocated maintenance and minor works budget, authorise work requisition orders, process and certify contractors invoices. Liaise with the Departmental Finance Clerk with regard to the Inland Revenue Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) in respect of invoices.
- To establish and manage the process for all Electrical Maintenance Service Contracts for the whole estate and review and support procurement colleagues to re-tender periodically. e.g. contracts for fire alarm systems, emergency lighting systems, CCTV systems, UPS systems, intruder alarm systems, access systems, PAT Testing etc. Liaise with in-house Building Services Engineer and Building Inspector as necessary.
- Liaise with contractors, Building Inspector, Building Services Engineer and Maintenance Assistants on Helpdesk work requests, standard of workmanship and health and safety management.
- Develop systems for managing contractors on health and safety to ensure compliance with current legislation and ensure that the organisation(s) meet their duty of care obligations. Raise permit to work and work authorisation documentation in conjunction with the FM Helpdesk. Evaluate contractors Risk Assessments and Method Statements prior to the commencement of works.
- To keep abreast of all relevant legislation, IEE regulations and codes of practice etc and advise F.M. staff, consultants and contractors accordingly.
- To have responsibility for schedule of works or specifications for obtaining quotations or tenders from contractors for planned maintenance works or specific minor works. Carry out post-contract duties in respect of managing the contracts to completion. To ensure compliance with procurement procedures.
- Ensure that design work undertaken by consultants adheres to the relevant design standards, complies with the specific requirements of North Wales Police/North Wales Fire and Rescue Service (NWP/NWFRS) and implements best practice sustainable systems to achieve minimal maintenance and running costs. Validate tender drawing and specifications pre-tender issue.
- In conjunction with Operations Manager ensure that all electrical installations comply with current and future Health and Safety legislation including Electricity at Work Regulations, IEE Regulations 17th Edition, Control of Asbestos, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Liaise with in-house Facilities personnel as necessary.
- Shared responsibility for the overall security of the estate.
- Provide technical advice on maintenance issues or seek specialist advice when necessary.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the grade and role outline as directed by the Line Manager.
MINIMUM CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE:
The role requires applicants who can demonstrate (with evidence) skills in the following areas:
- Educated to HNC or HND level or equivalent in an appropriate relevant subject, (e.g. Electrical Engineering or possess an equivalent amount of professional experience).
- Previous relevant experience as an Electrical Engineer or similar role in a Facilities Management environment, commensurate with the requirements of this role.
- Preferably a corporate member of a professional body e.g. CIBSE, IET
- Experience of working with and supervising contractors and a good understanding of building/mechanical practices and the construction industry, in particular with regard to facilities management works.
- Use of Information Technology including Microsoft Office applications to an intermediate level.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly both within and outside the organisation(s) to include report writing.
- Ability to work on a stand-by rota and attend to call-outs outside of normal office hours for emergency purposes.
- The post holder may be required to travel to any of the organisation(s) premises within North Wales. The ability to drive and the possession of a full UK Driving Licence will therefore assist with this.****Level 3 Welsh language skills are advantageous for this post but you can be assisted to gain this skill.
****This is a full time post however staff members interested in job share are welcome to apply. Staff within a probationary period or who are subject to a time commitment in their current role which still applies are not permitted to apply.
Applicants that have previously applied for this role and have been unsuccessful within the last 6 months are not eligible to apply.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your Managers have sufficient time to complete the relevant section of the form, ensuring it reaches the SSF prior to the closing date. Applications submitted without this will not be processed.
- Please note the successful applicant(s) will be required to provide a minimum 12 month commitment to this role.
- You will also be required to demonstrate Level 3 spoken skills during your probation period, for which you will be fully supported.
- In essence this means that you can understand and pronounce Welsh place names and peoples names as well as an ability to understand and use simple everyday spoken Welsh phrases. All the support material required to satisfy this requirement is available on the organisation Website.
- Our client is committed to being a bilingual organisation. You will therefore be expected to demonstrate a positive approach towards the Welsh Language. In accordance with the Organisations Welsh Language Skills Policy prior to an offer of appointment being made, if you do not already speak Welsh you will be required to achieve Level 2 in spoken Welsh.
- Please refer to the NWP Welsh Language Skills Policy for details on your eligibility criteria and learning commitments throughout probation.
- You will be required to undergo a DBS Check to undertake this assignment. ( Post will be offered subject to successful completion of a police background check. )
If you feel you have the pre-requisites for this opportunity and would like to find out more, please feel free to call ************ or drop myself and email with covering letter to ***************************.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959519666