Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting for a Legal PA to join a client of ours in Oxford. Providing first class support to allocated partners and associates you will be acting as an 'ambassador' both externally and within the Firm being the first point of contact for clients and colleagues. Production of accurate and timely documentation and correspondence as required together with all administrative duties. This is a busy role working within a fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities of the Legal PA:
- Building a working knowledge of the legal area of expertise of allocated partner(s) and associates as first point of contact for clients dealing with them efficiently and appropriately
- Reviewing absent allocated partner(s) and associate's Outlook inboxes ensuring incoming mail is dealt with timely and appropriately
- Scheduling and maintaining allocated partner(s) and associates' diaries external and internal meetings. Liaising with them regularly to discuss forthcoming appointments to ensure all arrangements are in place for lunch bookings; required media and documentation
- Co-ordinating and organising client invoicing projects monthly to include scheduling and conducting allocated partner(s) and associate's WIP meetings timely; requesting, reviewing and preparation of proformas; raising invoices and preparation of supporting documentation
- Receiving and reviewing prepared invoices for accuracy and finally arranging delivery of approved invoices to clients within the agreed time-frame
- Assisting Credit Control with unpaid invoices, liaising with clients as necessary
- Organising client matter inception - opening new client and matter files accurately and timely and production of terms of business letters. Liaising with Risk Counsel where appropriate
- Assisting with the preparation of tribunal bundles and related documentation from time-to-time
- Answering the telephone in a helpful and professional manner, assisting with queries and ensuring messages are taken accurately and dealt with appropriately
- Drafting own correspondence (letters and emails) as appropriate. Producing fast and accurate audio/copy typing and document amendment as required.
Skills needed of the Legal PA:
The successful candidate will have a professional manner and first class communication skills. They must be highly organised with excellent administration skills. They will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to their work and be able to work on their own initiative. They will enjoy working in a busy and involved team environment and be keen to guide and motivate others within the team. They will need to have a flexible nature and a co-operative and willing attitude.
- This PA should have strong experience within professional services (legal would be an advantage but not exclusive).
- Accurate typing skills (at least 70 wpm audio/copy typing)
- Highly numerate
- Excellent eye for detail - a high level of accuracy is essential
- Excellent organisational and administration skills - must be highly organised and able to organise others
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and support a number of people
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- A confident and natural communicator - able to communicate at all levels
- Have a proactive and can do approach and be able to work on own initiative seeking guidance if necessary - confidence to use own judgement in relation to current duties, client needs, etc
- Enjoy client contact and involvement
- Ability to motivate and train other members of the wider support team
- Team player and enthusiastic - flexible and willing to take on extra responsibilities
IT skills required:
- Proficient IT skills: Office 2010, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. A knowledge of DeltaView; PDF Docs; Practice Management Systems (Elite would be an advantage); Document Management System (SharePoint); BigHand/Winscribe. .
- Full in-house training will be provided
Salary & Benefits of the Legal PA role:
This Legal PA role is full-time and is based in Central Oxford. The role offers £31,800 per annum with benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77552785