Course Team Leader: Hairdressing and Barbering
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £26,216 - £33,232 per annum
Closing date: 22nd November 2017
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic team player with outstanding industry expertise to join the team as a Course Team Leader for Hairdressing and Barbering.
The position will be working with a highly motivated team as part of the Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Hospitality & Events School. As the successful candidate, you will be a dynamic individual with outstanding hairdressing and barbering skills. You will be able to combine current industry knowledge and experience with outstanding teaching ability to inspire and motivate our students. Our students are focused on being professional hairdressers and barbers and therefore thrive from being within an outstanding learning environment.
You will be a professional, hardworking individual with a keen interest in working with a dedicated and passionate team of professionals in our fantastic Graduate salon facility, Francesco franchise and Wahl Academy partnership. The Graduate Hair & Beauty salon is open to the public providing a wide variety of services to clients allowing our students to learn in a creative and realistic environment and therefore understand the full client experience.
More about the rewards
• 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more…
As a successful candidate you will have…
• A Level 3 Hairdressing qualification
• A Level 2 Barbering qualification
• An assessor and IQA qualification
• Evidence of continuing commitment to self-development through courses and work undertaken
• Strong curriculum knowledge, course leadership and team working that delivers multiple and diverse teaching methods
• Accountable for high quality student outcomes on the courses you manage
• A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery across a range of levels, attaining high quality student outcomes
• Relevant industry experience and a willingness to maintain it.
• Experience of course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements
• The ability to embed the importance of English & Maths through subject delivery
• An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community