Accounts Payable Clerk
Due to a recent acquisition this leading business based in Manchester City Centre have created a new position for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their growing team.
As an Accounts Payable Administrator you will ensure the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and credit notes; to research and resolve exceptions and supplier queries, in accordance with performance and quality standards.
- Create, maintain and update supplier accounts via masterdata maintenance
- Deal with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Own the management of supplier queries between supplier and business units, and Group Procurement
- Manage and resolve internal invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensure all supplier statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Monitor and clear invoice register
- When corresponding, encourage suppliers to use the supplier self-service portal
- Work with Group Procurement to manage price variances
- Work with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Support continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and have used ERP systems before, Oracle is desirable
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
This a great opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join the business during an exciting period of growth. The business are eager to develop people and can offer wider opportunities within the finance team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Accounts Payable Administrator role please contact Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on or call +44 161 214 7400.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77576278