An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller to join our new group Accounts team. The Credit Controller will be responsible for building relationships with their key customers (Retailers) and managing their own accounts to ensure they are paying on time and to terms. The Credit Controller will also work closely with the Accounts Receivable Manager to implement processes and identify areas of improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:Timely Cash Collection
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cash collection. This will require regular contact with customers and a proactive approach to resolving discrepancies and disputes
- Escalate where appropriate and will be expected to suggest solutions for resolving queries or long standing non-payment. This may include liaising with external debt collections from time to time
- Responsible for raising both manual credit notes and manual invoices where required and for ensuring that they are appropriately approved.
- Work with the Financial Control Team to ensure that volume rebates are appropriately tracked and accrued for
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have previous debt collection experience in a large corporate environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Have good time management and organisational skills
- Take a personable approach but resilient when required
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise workload, especially under time pressure and meeting of all deadlines
- Ideally have experience in working with SAP (not essential)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77582526