Inspection Technician - IPC 610
An Inspection Technician with IPC 610 certification is required to work on a six month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our Defence client based in Luton
Overview of the Inspection Technician contract role
To work in a complex technical/craft manufacturing environment as a precision technical inspector.
Inspectors are required to perform a range of inspection tasks including Goods-In, first off, in process and final inspections, calibration, and input to monthly yield reviews, to support the manufacture and delivery of Hardware Due to the variety of the work performed in the business, inspectors are expected to self learn new technical skills and techniques, and develop inspection methods with minimal supervision.
Key skills required for the Inspection Technician role
- Trained or experienced in the use of inspection equipment for the tasks identified
- Fully conversant with designs and detailed engineering drawings prepared to ISO Standards
- Ability to understand SPC charts and contribute data and information for problem solving activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and check inspection equipment
- Capable of consistently producing repeatable, high accuracy output.
- Ability to read and understand written instruction and to record work performed.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and take responsibility for targets set by supervisory staff on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Excellent communication skills are essential due to training manufacturing staff and liaising directly with internal customers and on a daily basis.
- IPC 610 trained with a current certificate
The role is based in Luton, Bedfordshire - commutable from Watford, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Stevenage with excellent access from London
If you are a Inspection Technician looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Inspection opportunities please contact Paul Scott on or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77591441