Purchase Ledger Clerk
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk your role will be to provide a timely accounting service in respect to all payments of invoices through the purchase ledger.
You will also be required to provide any other support to the Financial Controller.
Based near Ringwood, my client works in the construction industry and is a leading organisation in their field. They are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk, your responsibilities will include
- Matching, checking and coding invoices.
- Processing invoices onto Sage accounts system.
- Processing cheque and BACS payment runs for suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Mail Remittance advice to suppliers and statements of payment to Sub-contractors.
- Filing Invoices & statements.
- Compile and submit monthly CIS returns to the Inland Revenue.
- Verify Sub-contractors CIS status with Inland Revenue & update records.
- Maintain and reconcile daily cash book.
- Petty Cash and reconciliations.
- Reconcile Credit Card statements & input to Sage.
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details.
- Reconciliation of Supplier statements.
- Being first point of contact for all purchase ledger enquiries both sub-contract and supplier.
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers.
- Produce purchase invoice query reports.
- Liaise with Procurement to resolve any purchase invoice issues.
- Identify and improve any internal purchase ledger control issues
Experience & Qualifications
This is a position for an individual to provide purchase ledger support to the accounting team. The Individual should have relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role.
Candidates should have the ability to work in a team environment and to process to meet deadlines. High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
An ability to build relationships with external suppliers is a must.
Experience of SAGE 1000 would be desirable but not essential. Also a good working knowledge of Excel & Word would be essential.
If you are successful, you should expect:
- Excellent salary for the role.
- Competitive Benefits.
- Opportunity to work in a small team, so exposure to other responsibilities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77592509