Serco is a multi-national company that is able to offer a wide range of career and further job opportunities both within the UK and worldwide. Our people management programme encourages internal advancement and active support is given to all employees’ Continuous Professional Development.
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Receptionist for a 13 months fixed term at the Doug Ellis Sports Centre.
You will work within a team of receptionists who are comitted both to the provision of a quality customer service and also to the promotion and sale of products and services.
40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days on a 3 week rota and working 1 weekend in 3. The early shift starts at 06:30am and the late shift finishes at 22:30pm. The weekend shifts are 08:30am to 18:30pm.
Salary: £8,944 Per Annum
The Receptionist will be required to work on the front line area fulfilling a variety of functions whilst ensuring a high level of customer care at all times and an effective response to all enquiries.
- Processing all forms of sales and transactions.
- Process all forms of fitness memberships and have the ability to provide advice and guidance to users.
- Assist in invoice enquiries.
- Responsible for all monies taken on shift and ensure they are logged and secured respectively.
- Managing a bookings system and upsell all vacant slots when the opportunity arises.
- Undertake housekeeping duties as directed by a line manager.
- Assist in any form of emergency and evacuations.
- It is a requirement the post holder to be conversant with and work to the appropriate Child protection/vulnerable adult policy and procedures.
- Be prepared to work at other Leisure centres when circumstances dictate.
- Be aware of and act in accordance to all related Health and Safety policy.
- Be prepared on occasion to deal with potential irate users.
- Fulfil any other appropriate duties as directed by a line manager.
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills qualification in English, Maths and ICT, as required
- No College attendance required
- Be able to work effectively in stressful situations
- Good customer care skills.
- Good communication skills
We are looking for somebody who is enthusiastic, reliable, determined and hard working. and who is happy to constantly learn and develop new skills with an interest in Customer Service.
Two GCSEs Grades A to E in Maths and English (or acceptable equivalent).
You will also need to complete an initial assessment, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
You must be able to travel to the Doug Ellis Sports Centre on a daily basis to arrive on time for work.
You will wear the designated uniform provided when on duty and follow appropriate code of appearance in this respect.
You will be required to undergo security checks, which includes a check of criminal records.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77583959