Our prestigious client who is based in Congleton requires a Credit Controller to join their team.
The Credit Controller is responsible for ensuring that the payment of customer invoices is within agreed payment terms. In addition, they are responsible for the identification and avoidance of bad (aged) debt and exposure whilst ensuring high quality and service to customers and agencies.
Duties for the Credit Controller will include:-
- Reconciliation and management of accounts ensuring adherence to credit terms
- Maintaining proactive contact with customers to ensure invoices have been received, are accurate and clear for payment
- Speaking to customers in advance ensuring that payments are ready to be issued on time and in full
- On-going audit and analysis of credit limits to mitigate the risk of exposure
- Resolve queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Set up new customer accounts accurately, in detail and prior to first invoice due date
- Make timely recommendations for preventative action where balances are outstanding and deemed 'at risk'
- Make recommendations for legal action to collect monies owed if necessary
- Proactive contact with clients to ensure they are kept up to date with any issues or changes
- Ensure notes and actions are clearly recorded in the credit control system.
- Communicating and managing customer repayment plans as agreed with Credit Control Manager
- Consistently meet set targets and key performance indicators
- Take ownership of complex account problems
- Use judgement and act upon it to recognise where advice and support is needed to resolve account problems
- Personally ensure that clients are kept up to date on issues, exceptions or change
- Raise and process credit requests
- Dedicated Credit Control experience
- Confident communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong customer service abilities and an understanding of query ownership and resolution.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.15am to 4.45pm or 8.45am to 5.15pm
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77566390