Assistant Management Accountant
Salary £24,000 -£28,000 ( Dependant of experience)
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, provides 600 services across six continents and is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the nation’s largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
We are now seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as an Assistant Management Accountant.
Purpose of role:Assist in the preparation of all financial requirements for the business
Tasks and Activities:
- Ensure all ledger postings are accurate and complete in line with reporting deadlines
- To assist the finance team in preparing monthly management accounts and project review data
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- To ensure all inter-company transactions are completed to timescale
- Monitor and control key staff ‘T&E’ accounts (such as mobile phones, company car leases, mileage, etc.)
- Produce reconciliations of certain key accounts
- Assisting in the development of financial processes
- To work with other members of the Skills and Learning finance team to drive forward continuous improvement
Performing other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance team
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Good financial reporting and costs analysis
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
Key Behavioural competencies:
- Flexible, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience of working both within a team and independently
- Highly motivated
- Inter-company accounts agreed in line with reporting deadline and balances cleared regularly
- Ledgers kept up to date
- Working to the Group’s corporate governance policies, processes and procedures including those relating to Health and Safety
- Individually specified objectives
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges / competencies:
- Numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate financial spreadsheets
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Latter stage of AAT or studying for ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Navision and/or BPC would be an advantage
- Willing to undertake occasional travel to other UK sites as required
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply using the button below.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77579894